Our Areas of focus
- Promote greater awareness of ABI and the need for early detection and treatment.
- Create new opportunities to put prevention awareness near the top of Canada’s public agenda.
- Promote increased research funding towards important areas identified by our stakeholders.
- Promote increased funding and access to services for residential care and day programming services.
- Address the serious regional disparity across the country for access to services.
- Improve the ability of ABI survivors and care givers to navigate the care and advocacy system.
- Support and facilitate the development of local and regional brain injury associations in their efforts to provide a voice for ABI survivors and caregivers.
Donor Case For Support
For more information about how we use donations please review our Donor Case for Support brochure.
Help Brain Injury Canada invest in strategies to prevent the extraordinary cost of traumatic brain injury.
The recent National Population Health Study of Neurological Conditions reveals the true cost of traumatic brain injuries to the Canadian economy. The report estimates the cost at $7.3 billion for 2011, climbing to $8.2 billion in 2013.
The study was conducted through a partnership of the Neurological Health Charities Canada, The Public Health Agency of Canada, Health Canada and The Canadian Institutes of Health Research.